Meaningful Reading Assessment Professional Development Book
By Peter Afflerbach, Ph.D. and Adria F. Klein, Ph.D.
Instruction and assessment ought to be like two peas in a pod. In this practical guide, Peter Afflerbach, a foremost authority on developing effective assessments, teams up with literacy expert Adria Klein to show teachers how to become fluent in meaningful assessment routines. Highlights include:
- Purposeful formative assessment, self-assessment, and student learning goals
- Using tools that reveal reliable, relatable insights
- Knowing readers as people in order to know instruction and engage
- Designing and mining daily routines to yield data
- Learning to analyze information, and sharing assessment results thoughtfully